Featured Career Opportunity
EMEA PRIVACY COUNSEL
This position is no longer available.
Location: proximity of Berlin, Germany
Our client organization - the world’s leading company in its industry - is currently seeking an experienced data protection & privacy lawyer to join its global privacy team and to support the company’s EMEA-wide privacy program.
This could be ‘the’ career opportunity for you because…
As the company’s legal expert on privacy, you will have the opportunity to work with various teams in the EMEA region (e.g. engineering, product management, marketing, vendor management…) and provide concise and business-focused legal advice on compliant course of action. The goal is set: Help ensure all company businesses in the region process personal data in compliance with applicable local, regional and international laws, rules and regulations.
You will be expected to demonstrate your legal knowledge and advisory skills on a variety of challenging privacy topics such as – but not limited to – review of new mobile and online product / services through privacy impact assessments, compliance with Privacy by Design and Privacy by Default principles, advising on marketing initiatives, assisting with subject access requests and vendor due diligence, drafting and negotiating privacy provisions for commercial contracts and analyzing internal data flows.
This is a superb opportunity for an experienced legal professional who is truly passionate about data protection & privacy and who would like to apply his/her expertise within an international context; at a global industry leader known for its innovative online and mobile products and services and for its commitment to privacy.
You could be ‘the’ ideal candidate if you…
- Are qualified in a EEA-country;
- Throughout your legal career, gathered an excellent knowledge and understanding of laws and regulations related to data protection within the EU and preferably also in other jurisdictions;
- Gained several years of international legal advisory experience in the field of data protection
- either as an in-house privacy counsel within legal/compliance or privacy departments of renowned businesses
- or as an external privacy counsel within top-tier law firms;
- Have a strong interest in emerging technologies and devices. You have previously advised on the use of such tools, assessed their privacy implications and proposed risk-mitigation actions;
- Have worked and advised on ‘privacy in online business practices’ such as e-commerce, mobile services and online payment systems;
- Are good at drilling down complex legal requirements into understandable business actions;
- Are willing to travel frequently to international business locations;
- You are business-fluent in German and have excellent English language skills.
Interested candidates are kindly requested to apply by using the form below. For more information please contact us at 0032 2 3084286 or info(at)dponetwork.eu. All inquiries and applications will be treated with the utmost discretion.